Celebrate the amazing people who teach our children all year long! Send a Wish & Give link to the other parents in your class to collect a cash group gift for the teacher and a donation to a charity of their choice. The teacher gets what they want, and everyone gives back to the community – or even the school! A win-win!
How to Wish & Give for group gift collecting?
Follow these 10 simple steps below. The site was built for parties and tickets, but can easily be used for group gift collecting!
- Log in at www.wishandgive.ca
- Click Invitation and next
- Choose a charity
- If you are choosing your school, email firstname.lastname@example.org to have it added to the database
- Search by postal code to find a charity near you or simply type it in
- Party Details Page – while this is not a ‘party’ this is the page where you enter in the details the other parents will see when they receive the invitation
- Set the dates to when you start and end the contribution period
- Set the location to the school’s address – this will populate a map and not have your home address on the map!
- Click’online’ party and ‘private’
- Use the Description Box to let the parents know you are collecting funds for the teacher and donations to their charity of choice as a thank you for teaching your children all year long.
- Enter Emails – Skip this step, otherwise a party invitation will be sent to each parent. Click Next.
- Cut and paste the personalized URL and email it to the parents
- When you are ready to pay out the cash to the teacher click ‘close’ on your dashboard and email email@example.com with the teacher’s email address.
- The cash (minus admin fees*) will be sent directly to the teacher.
- And the donation will be sent directly to the charity.
- That’s it! Congrats! I hope you come back to use Wish & Give for your child’s next birthday party! 🙂
*Administration fees = 5.5% and 50cents per transaction