Holiday Group Gifting that Feels Great
Happy Holidays! Who else is excited for the holidays? Even though it will look a lot different this year, there are still lots of ways to celebrate. And we have made group gifting easy and fun!
Wish & Give is the perfect solution to thanking teachers or coaches virtually. Our online platform helps you arrange a group monetary gift and a donation to charity. All from the comfort of home. No shopping required. And everyone will feel great about giving back to a local charity.
How to set up a group gift:
- Ask your teacher, coach or honoured recipient what charity they would like to support. Or choose one for them.
- Create an invitation at wishandgive.ca. In step 1, choose ‘Teacher’s Gift’
- Send the private URL, generated after the invitation is created, to those who are contributing.
- Watch the contributions come in and add up!
- Email us after all the contributions are in and we’ll send the cash gift* to the honoured recipient and the donation to the charity.
Easy-peasy and everyone will feel great about giving back. Canadian charities need our support more than ever now. This is a one stop shop to do something good and say happy holidays to your teacher, ballet teacher, swim coach, hockey coach…
No shopping. No leaving home. And feel good about supporting a local charity!
*We use Pay Pal to send the gift, minus the administration fees of 5.5% and 50 cents per transaction.
“Mom, does COVID mean I won’t get anything for my birthday?”
It’s the question you’re dreading if your child has a birthday coming up. You want the day to be special—to include things that can help them feel normal and safe, but it isn’t easy, is it?
So what do you do?
If your kids are like mine, they’ve been planning their birthday all year long. Not only do they look forward to their own birthdays, they eagerly anticipate attending their friends’ birthday parties and making them feel special.
Virtual parties and drive by greetings are a great solution. These are amazing ways to pivot the traditional birthday party and help kids feel celebrated, special and—most importantly—loved.
Giving Gifts, Safely
Just because it’s a virtual party or a drive by greeting, doesn’t mean the birthday kid needs to forego their gift. Giving is important, it’s their birthday after all!
At Wish & Give, we get it. It really is better to give than receive. (Though receiving is pretty good too!) Giving gifts isn’t only important for the birthday kid; it’s important for guests too! But actually going to a store these days can seem like taking your life in your hands.
Here’s the thing: Wish & Give’s invitations have always been virtual! Our invitations mean that your guests can virtually contribute to an amazing group gift and, to keep that goodness going, a donation to charity. It’s win-win for everyone! Your birthday kid can choose the gift or experience they really want and experience the joys of kindness and generosity by fundraising for their favourite cause.
The Birthday Kid Wins:
- Lets your child know they are loved and remembered by friends near and far
- They’ll receive the gift or experience they actually want
- Teaches them how to support a cause they care about
- Feels like they’re part of something with their friends, supporting a common cause
Guests want to give!
- Feels good about giving a gift in a safe, meaningful and easy way
- Opportunity to support charity – a dose of happy hormones!
- Stress-free giving – (no masks, gloves or hand sanitizer required!)
- Saves time – no shopping, no wrapping
Parties may have changed a little, but kids still need a chance to celebrate and be celebrated. While we all look forward to a swift resolution to the crisis this pandemic has caused, in the meantime, you can help your kid feel amazing.
Get started with your Wish & Give invitation at www.wishandgive.ca and don’t by shy to ask your guests for gifts! They want to give.