“Mom, does COVID mean I won’t get anything for my birthday?”
It’s the question you’re dreading if your child has a birthday coming up. You want the day to be special—to include things that can help them feel normal and safe, but it isn’t easy, is it?
So what do you do?
If your kids are like mine, they’ve been planning their birthday all year long. Not only do they look forward to their own birthdays, they eagerly anticipate attending their friends’ birthday parties and making them feel special.
Virtual parties and drive by greetings are a great solution. These are amazing ways to pivot the traditional birthday party and help kids feel celebrated, special and—most importantly—loved.
Giving Gifts, Safely
Just because it’s a virtual party or a drive by greeting, doesn’t mean the birthday kid needs to forego their gift. Giving is important, it’s their birthday after all!
At Wish & Give, we get it. It really is better to give than receive. (Though receiving is pretty good too!) Giving gifts isn’t only important for the birthday kid; it’s important for guests too! But actually going to a store these days can seem like taking your life in your hands.
Here’s the thing: Wish & Give’s invitations have always been virtual! Our invitations mean that your guests can virtually contribute to an amazing group gift and, to keep that goodness going, a donation to charity. It’s win-win for everyone! Your birthday kid can choose the gift or experience they really want and experience the joys of kindness and generosity by fundraising for their favourite cause.
The Birthday Kid Wins:
- Lets your child know they are loved and remembered by friends near and far
- They’ll receive the gift or experience they actually want
- Teaches them how to support a cause they care about
- Feels like they’re part of something with their friends, supporting a common cause
Guests want to give!
- Feels good about giving a gift in a safe, meaningful and easy way
- Opportunity to support charity – a dose of happy hormones!
- Stress-free giving – (no masks, gloves or hand sanitizer required!)
- Saves time – no shopping, no wrapping
Parties may have changed a little, but kids still need a chance to celebrate and be celebrated. While we all look forward to a swift resolution to the crisis this pandemic has caused, in the meantime, you can help your kid feel amazing.
Get started with your Wish & Give invitation at www.wishandgive.ca and don’t by shy to ask your guests for gifts! They want to give.