This summer Wish & Give invites you to challenge yourself and raise money for your favourite Canadian charity.
Change yourself, change your community.
Join our summer challenge.
Canadian charities need us now more than ever. Let’s give back this summer. Wish & Give challenges you to challenge yourself (or your kid) to set and reach a personal goal and raise money for your favourite cause.
Let’s turn the 1980’s summer into the 2020 summer and make it all about reaching goals and giving back. The 1980’s summer was carefree. We roamed the streets, gained our independence and had fun. The 2020 summer can be that and more. Harness kids energy and time into doing good. Set a personal goal and raise money for their favourite cause…and earn a prize.
What’s your goal? What do you want to accomplish? What can your kid accomplish?
Run 100 km
Read 15 books
Learn to cook 5 meals
Sew 100 masks
Set up your invitation at Wish & Give and ask your friends and family to sponsor you today!
How to participate:
1. Set a personal goal
2. Choose a Canadian charity to raise money for
(we have 86,000+ charities to choose from)
3. Set up an ‘invitation’
4. Ask your friends and family to sponsor you
(send them your personalized URL)
5. Achieve your goal this summer
6. Earn a prize and
7. Feel great about accomplishing your goal and giving back!
Get started here:
My goal is to run 100km this summer. – Zoe, age 10
Celebrate the amazing people who teach our children all year long! Send a Wish & Give link to the other parents in your class to collect a cash group gift for the teacher and a donation to a charity of their choice. The teacher gets what they want, and everyone gives back to the community – or even the school! A win-win!
How to Wish & Give for group gift collecting?
Follow these 10 simple steps below. The site was built for parties and tickets, but can easily be used for group gift collecting!
- Log in at www.wishandgive.ca
- Click Invitation and next
- Choose a charity
- If you are choosing your school, email firstname.lastname@example.org to have it added to the database
- Search by postal code to find a charity near you or simply type it in
- Party Details Page – while this is not a ‘party’ this is the page where you enter in the details the other parents will see when they receive the invitation
- Set the dates to when you start and end the contribution period
- Set the location to the school’s address – this will populate a map and not have your home address on the map!
- Click’online’ party and ‘private’
- Use the Description Box to let the parents know you are collecting funds for the teacher and donations to their charity of choice as a thank you for teaching your children all year long.
- Enter Emails – Skip this step, otherwise a party invitation will be sent to each parent. Click Next.
- Cut and paste the personalized URL and email it to the parents
- When you are ready to pay out the cash to the teacher click ‘close’ on your dashboard and email email@example.com with the teacher’s email address.
- The cash (minus admin fees*) will be sent directly to the teacher.
- And the donation will be sent directly to the charity.
- That’s it! Congrats! I hope you come back to use Wish & Give for your child’s next birthday party! 🙂
*Administration fees = 5.5% and 50cents per transaction