Group gift giving is a perfect way to show your appreciation for your child’s teacher or coach this season. But we understand coordinating everyone can be complicated and time consuming.
Wish and Give is an easy solution to group gifting! And you help a Canadian charity at the same time!
It’s easy…simply set up an invitation on wishandgive.ca and send the URL to the parents in your child’s class or team via email or text. Ask your teacher or coach about a charity that is close to their heart and parents can contribute to both the gift and the charity.
Wish and Give will send the cash gift to your teacher or coach and the donation directly to the charity. Saving time, being green and spreading that oh-so-good feeling of giving.
“As a teacher, I am very grateful for the thoughtful acts of appreciation and kindness that I get from my students, but to be honest, I don’t need a lot of things. Wish and Give allows the parents of my students to donate to a charity that is important to me (Sistema Toronto), while also giving me a portion of the money that I could spend on something for myself. I think it’s a fantastic idea. It is better for the environment, convenient for parents, and we get to give back to charities that could really use some extra support!”
S. Wong, Elementary Teacher at Humbercrest P.S.
Celebrate the amazing people who teach our children all year long! Send a Wish & Give link to the other parents in your class to collect a cash group gift for the teacher and a donation to a charity of their choice. The teacher gets what they want, and everyone gives back to the community – or even the school! A win-win!
How to Wish & Give for group gift collecting?
Follow these 10 simple steps below. The site was built for parties and tickets, but can easily be used for group gift collecting!
- Log in at www.wishandgive.ca
- Click Invitation and next
- Choose a charity
- If you are choosing your school, email firstname.lastname@example.org to have it added to the database
- Search by postal code to find a charity near you or simply type it in
- Party Details Page – while this is not a ‘party’ this is the page where you enter in the details the other parents will see when they receive the invitation
- Set the dates to when you start and end the contribution period
- Set the location to the school’s address – this will populate a map and not have your home address on the map!
- Click’online’ party and ‘private’
- Use the Description Box to let the parents know you are collecting funds for the teacher and donations to their charity of choice as a thank you for teaching your children all year long.
- Enter Emails – Skip this step, otherwise a party invitation will be sent to each parent. Click Next.
- Cut and paste the personalized URL and email it to the parents
- When you are ready to pay out the cash to the teacher click ‘close’ on your dashboard and email email@example.com with the teacher’s email address.
- The cash (minus admin fees*) will be sent directly to the teacher.
- And the donation will be sent directly to the charity.
- That’s it! Congrats! I hope you come back to use Wish & Give for your child’s next birthday party! 🙂
*Administration fees = 5.5% and 50cents per transaction