Calling Parents – Let’s say thank you to our teachers!
It is that time of year. And what a year it has been. From strike days to home schooling we parents have been through a lot. And teachers have been through a lot. I think we need a collective sigh and virtual pat on the back.
Our teachers have showed resiliency and showed up for our kids in this strange new world. They quickly transitioned to online learning and they miss our kids just as much as we miss them. Let’s show our gratitude by giving back, to the teacher and to their charity of choice. A group gift that gives back.
Wish & Give is the perfect solution to thanking teachers virtually. Our online platform helps you arrange a class monetary gift and a donation to their favourite charity. All from the comfort of home. No shopping required. And everyone will feel great about giving back to a local charity.
How to set up a class thank you gift:
- Ask your teacher what charity they would like to support.
- Create an invitation at wishandgive.ca.
- Send the private URL to the parents in your class (skip the enter email step online).
- Email us after all the contributions are in and we’ll send the cash gift* to your teacher and the donation to the charity.
Easy-peasy and everyone will feel great about giving back. Canadian charities need our support more than ever now. This is a one stop shop to do something good and thank your teacher.
No shopping. No leaving home. And feel good about supporting a local charity!
*We use Pay Pal to send the gift, minus the administration fees of 5.5% and 50 cents per transaction.
Celebrate the amazing people who teach our children all year long! Send a Wish & Give link to the other parents in your class to collect a cash group gift for the teacher and a donation to a charity of their choice. The teacher gets what they want, and everyone gives back to the community – or even the school! A win-win!
How to Wish & Give for group gift collecting?
Follow these 10 simple steps below. The site was built for parties and tickets, but can easily be used for group gift collecting!
- Log in at www.wishandgive.ca
- Click Invitation and next
- Choose a charity
- If you are choosing your school, email email@example.com to have it added to the database
- Search by postal code to find a charity near you or simply type it in
- Party Details Page – while this is not a ‘party’ this is the page where you enter in the details the other parents will see when they receive the invitation
- Set the dates to when you start and end the contribution period
- Set the location to the school’s address – this will populate a map and not have your home address on the map!
- Click’online’ party and ‘private’
- Use the Description Box to let the parents know you are collecting funds for the teacher and donations to their charity of choice as a thank you for teaching your children all year long.
- Enter Emails – Skip this step, otherwise a party invitation will be sent to each parent. Click Next.
- Cut and paste the personalized URL and email it to the parents
- When you are ready to pay out the cash to the teacher click ‘close’ on your dashboard and email firstname.lastname@example.org with the teacher’s email address.
- The cash (minus admin fees*) will be sent directly to the teacher.
- And the donation will be sent directly to the charity.
- That’s it! Congrats! I hope you come back to use Wish & Give for your child’s next birthday party! 🙂
*Administration fees = 5.5% and 50cents per transaction